TOGAF® 9 Level 1 and 2 Combined eLearning & Certification
The TOGAF® 9 Level 1 and 2 Combined eLearning course is 30-hour, interactive, online learning experience covering the curriculi of both TOGAF Level 1 and level 2. The Foundation level content enables participants to successfully complete the associated Level 1 exam, known as TOGAF 9 Foundation. The certification provides validation that the candidate has gained knowledge of the terminology, structure and basic concepts of TOGAF 9, and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF. The Level 2 content focuses on the practical application of the TOGAF framework, building on the foundational knowledge and comprehension of Level 1 using practical scenarios to enforce concepts.
Designed to make learning engaging and fun, this self-paced TOGAF 9 course provides learners with the knowledge and confidence to make the right decisions when working with TOGAF. The course follows proven methods to promote learning; drilling down complex concepts into easy to comprehend chunks.
- Flexible self-paced learning – the eLearning saves 5 in-class days and allows participants to learn at their own pace, wherever they want.
- Focus on effectiveness – real-life analogies, formative quizzes, mind maps and mock exams all facilitate performance of the learners.
- Engaging & Fun – we don't offer a 750-page TOGAF book turned into slides, but real, animated eLearning with a central case-study. In other words, a fun and engaging experience.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of TOGAF 9, e.g., System Integrators, Operational, Business and IT developers, CIO’s and IT Managers, Program and Project Leaders, IT Specialists, and Architects
- Professionals who are working in an organization where TOGAF 9 has been adopted and who need to participate in architecture projects and initiatives
- Architects who will be responsible for developing architecture artifacts
- Architects who wish to introduce TOGAF 9 into an architecture practice
- Architects who want to achieve a recognized qualification to demonstrate their detailed knowledge of TOGAF 9Learning Objectives:
- Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- The basic concepts of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF
- The core concepts and terminology used in TOGAF 9
- The concept of the Enterprise Continuum; its purpose and constituent parts of the TOGAF certification program.
- The ADM guidelines and techniques
- How each of the ADM phases contributes to the success of Enterprise Architecture
- Understand and apply the ADM phases in development of an Enterprise Architecture
- How Architecture Governance contributes to the Architecture Development Cycle
- How to apply Architecture Governance in the development of an Enterprise Architecture
- How to apply the TOGAF Architecture Content Framework
- Understand and apply the concept of Building Blocks
- How to apply the Stakeholder Management Technique
- How to apply the TOGAF Content Metamodel
- How to apply the TOGAF recommended techniques when developing an Enterprise Architecture
- The TOGAF Technical Reference Model and how to customize it to meet an organization’s needs
- The Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
- The content of the key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- How an Enterprise Architecture can be partitioned to meet the specific needs of an organization
- The purpose of the Architecture Repository
- How to apply iteration and different levels of architecture with the ADM
- How to adapt the ADM for security
- SOA as a style of architecture
- The role of Architecture Maturity Models in developing an Enterprise Architecture
- The purpose of the Architecture Skills Framework and how to apply it within an organization
TOGAF course is compatible with IE 9, Mozilla 13, Google Chrome 20, and Safari 5 MAC, and iPad
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is strongly recommended that participants have some experience in the Enterprise Architecture domain. Note, to be certified on TOGAF 9 Level 2, it is required to have passed the TOGAF Level 1 exam.
The eLearning consists of all below mentioned modules, as well as access to digital versions of the TOGAF reference book, glossary, syllabus, case study, and sample exams and quizzes. Access is strictly web-based and remains valid for 6 months after starting the course.
About the Examination:
There are two possibilities for taking the exam. The candidate can take the Level 1 and Level 2 exams separately, or take the combined exam. The exam is a proctored exam. A proctor needs to be registered prior to taking the exam. Exam vouchers are provided and the exam can only be taken at Prometric test centers.
Level 1 Exam (details):
The exam is in closed-book format, and includes 40 multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 55% (22 out of 40 questions). The exam lasts for 60 minutes and can be taken at Prometric test centers.
Level 2 Exam (details):
The exam is in open-book format, and includes 8 complex multiple-choice, scenario-based questions. The pass score is 60% (5 out of 8 questions). The exam lasts for 90 minutes and can be taken at through Prometric test centers.
Level 1 and 2 Combination Exam (details):
This examination consists of two separate sections. The TOGAF 9 Part 1 is CLOSED Book. The TOGAF 9 Part 2, Section 2 is OPEN book. (Note at Prometric test centers an electronic copy of the specification is built into the test and becomes available in Part 2 only).
Time limit: 150 Minutes total. Each section has a maximum time limit as follows: 60 Minutes on TOGAF 9 Part 1 and 90 Minutes on TOGAF 9 Part 2. Once you complete the TOGAF 9,Part 1 section, you cannot return to it.
- Course Introduction
- Enterprise Architecture – An Introduction
- TOGAF 9.1 – An Introduction
- The Architecture Development Method
- Enterprise Continuum and Architecture Repository
- Architecture Content Framework
- Preliminary Phase and Requirements Management
- Architecture Vision
- Business Architecture
- Information Systems Architecture
- Technology Architecture
- Transition Planning
- Architecture Governance
- Security Architecture
- Enterprise Integration and Service Oriented Architecture
- Architecture Patterns
- The Architect
- Exam Preparation Guide
Certificate: TOGAF 9 Certified
Duration: Self Paced Elearning
Course Delivery eLearning
Course Fee: N250,000
Credits: 30 PDUs