COBIT5 Foundation Course & Certification (E-learning)
The COBIT® 5 Foundation eLearning course is an online, self-paced interactive training course. Participants learn about the need for an IT governance framework, and how COBIT addresses this need by providing the latest insights into enterprise-wide governance of IT. This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework, using a logical and example-driven approach for anyone interested in obtaining COBIT foundation level knowledge. COBIT 5 Foundation is the first step, and a prerequisite, to enrolling into the advanced level courses.
The Greengate Plus Approach™
The Greengate COBIT Foundation eLearning course offers essential COBIT 5 learning that exceeds the APMG COBIT 5 syllabus. Additional content, focusing on the COBIT 5 process guide, ensures practical focus so that learners will understand the implications of COBIT in their daily jobs.
COBIT 5 provides the next generation of ISACA’s guidance on the enterprise governance and management of IT. It builds on more than 15 years of practical usage and application of COBIT by many enterprises and users from the business, IT, risk, security and assurance communities. Today, more than ever, information and related technologies need to be governed, managed and operated in a holistic manner—with a single, integrated process model that provides end-to-end coverage of the roles, responsibilities and practices required.
COBIT 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. It helps enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and use of resources. COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in both the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, while considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders. COBIT 5 is generic, and useful for enterprises of all sizes; whether commercial, not-for-profit or public.
A wide range of business managers, IT management consultants, IT governance professionals, quality and process management professionals and auditors, who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT 5 and what the framework can provide their organization.
- At the end of this course, participants will gain competencies in:
- Key challenges of using IT
- IT governance concepts and benefits
- COBIT 5 framework, principles, and enablers
- Relationship between stakeholder needs and governance
- Implementation approach for the use of COBIT 5
- Structure of COBIT 5 process reference model
- Governance and management domains
- Components of COBIT 5 processes
- Need for capability assessments
- COBIT 5 ISO/IEC 15504 approach
- Application of COBIT 4 maturity model approach with COBIT 5
- Other COBIT 5 enablers for IT governance and management
- At the end of this course, participants will enjoy these benefits:
- Master COBIT 5 at a foundation level
- Apply COBIT in their day-to-day practice
- The course is a steppingstone for the COBIT Implementation course, as well as the COBIT 5 assessor course.
- Scenario-driven learning has always been one of the key success factors of the COBIT Foundation course, since it puts participants in the right mind-set to apply the principles of COBIT in real life. The new case study takes this into account and builds on it by:
- Providing more business-focused challenges through situations and cases
- Presenting a real world connect using situations that can occur in the day-to-day life of participants
Course Organizational Logistics
- Computer (Pentium IV, Internet Explorer 5.x, cookies enabled, Macromedia Flash Player 6.0, speakers or a headset, and 1,024X768 pixel resolution), Broadband Internet connection.
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT governance domain.
Course Student Material
- Online, self-paced instructional material available for 90 days
- Participants can download the following additional reference materials from the ISACA website (http://www.isaca.org): COBIT 5
About the Examination
The web-based exam is closed-book format with 50 multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 50%. The exam lasts for 40 minutes.
|1. Course Introduction|
|2. Why COBIT? IT Governance and Management Challenges|
|3. COBIT 5: An Introduction|
|4. COBIT 5: Meeting Stakeholder Needs|
|5. COBIT 5: Introduction to COBIT 5 – Enabling Processes|
|6. COBIT 5: the COBIT Processes|
|7. COBIT 5: The COBIT Process Components|
|8. COBIT 5 Process Capability Assessments|
|9. COBIT 5: Other Governance and Management Enablers|
Certificate: COBIT® 5 Foundation Certification
Duration: Self Paced Elearning
Course Delivery: eLearning
Course Fee: N100,000.00